Tuesday 11 June 2013

My favourite five minutes of camp!

My favourite five minutes at camp! I looked up at the high ropes. It wasn't exactly as I imagined it but it sure was exactly like what I had heard from it. An incredible height and a nerve racking non-stop breeze. I was suddenly eager to get going. I was third on the postman's walk. As soon as it was my turn I quickly climbed the pole. I used the little metal things that were sticking out of the pole. As soon as I got to the wooden beam I saw Zeb(my friend!). I waved at him and he waved back. As I saw him move back to the middle of his high rope to jump off, I suddenly let go of the pole and started walking towards the end of the postman’s walk. I had to put my arms out otherwise I would fall off! I wanted to do something impressive on the beam but I couldn't face it. I didn't want to risk falling off. I had given up on my first try because it started to spit with rain and I couldn't see anything looking up. This time though I wasn't going to give up. I was going to keep going whether I liked it or not. I wanted to get down but at the same time keep going. I heard people Jaxon and Elliot telling me not to look down. I listened to their advice but still scared stiff. I could see the other pole getting closer and closer, I tried going a tiny bit faster. It worked! All that hard work had paid off! I had finally reached the end of the postman's walk! I started off to the middle with a lot more confidence in me. I suddenly did a 360 spin. I jumped off backwards and did a really crazy dance! Absolutely my favourite minutes at camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.