Tuesday 1 November 2011

Keen to join the 100 Word Challenge?

It's very exciting that we're each able to choose our own writing focus this term!  I came across this tonight and thought it might be an exciting addition to your timetables - it wouldn't matter too much if it fits with your selection or not as I'm sure you'll have a little spare time in your timetable to fit it in.

Each week the 100WC blog puts up a prompt for you - sometimes a sentence, other times a word or two, or it could even be a picture.  You spend the week writing (100 words max, so it's only quite short!) and then we post your writing to our blog... we also let their head office know each time we've posted some writing and they come onto our blog to check it out and comment!  You can connect with other students overseas too and see what they've done with the same starter.

This could be a great way to build on the creative writing that we started the year with.  If you'd like to know more, take a look at 100WC and leave a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. How fantastic that you have found the 100WC! The new prompt goes up on Wednesday eve (UK time) so I do hope you will all take part. You get to visit other schools entries as well as having folk from across the world visiting your work!
    See you on Weds!
    Mrs Skinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I LOVE THIS! Last year at my old school I was one of the best writers in the class and with some other children we did the 100WC. I wrote a story with 100 words. It's a real challenge! You just get so stuck into your story and you just cant stop writing!
    I think I'm up to it again!
    I'M DOING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so doing this it sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.